Wednesday, April 29, 2015

2.5 weeks

It's been about 2.5 weeks.  The largest change is that two of the people who used to be the most disruptive in class are happier.  This affects the mood of the entire group, and it's been much easier to teach during the days I do frontal teaching.

Three of the girls who preferred frontal learning are not learning as much as they were the other way.  I often feel bad about that.  I feel like I'm juggling different types of learners and at any given time, 2 - 4 of them are not learning optimally.

One of the girls is not learning much, but I don't know how much she was learning the previous way, either.

I have no idea how to construct a rubric for grading.  I have no idea how to have them participate in constructing a grading rubric.  I feel like they would shrug if I ask for input.

No comments:

Post a Comment